autosave files not deleted upon manual save

LW White lwwhite5 at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 08:09:16 PDT 2010

Using (DITA) FrameMaker 8's "Automatic Save - Every X minutes"  feature, one user on my team reports that her .auto files are not deleted when she manually saves the file. Frame docs say:

"To create an autosave file at regular intervals, select Automatic Save and enter an interval (in minutes) in the box. This causes a copy of the file to be saved periodically without your having to choose File > Save. (The filenames of autosave files contain .auto.) When you save manually or revert to the last saved version with the Revert To Saved command, the autosave file is deleted."

Anyone else encountered this? How can we ensure deletion of the .auto files? They are large, take up valuable network real estate and are a pain to hunt and manually delete each time. Could it be a network restriction on automatic file deletion?

Thanks,
Leigh