Can the spelling checker be trusted?

Jenny Greenleaf jennygreenleaf at comcast.net
Tue May 25 14:01:50 PDT 2010

Just one more data point about the spelling checker bug that might help someone else....

I was preparing a stripped down version of the file to send to the Adobe engineers who asked for it. (That's nice!)

While trying a couple more times to reproduce it, I noticed that it did not find misspelled words in paragraphs that started with my bold font-Franklin Gothic Demi. That seemed to be the only thing similar in the paragraphs I created that showed the problem. If a paragraph started with the default font (Franklin Gothic Book), Frame found the spelling errors. I was easily able to create this case in a blank file.

I don't know if any override causes it to miss, or if it's something special about Franklin Gothic Demi. At least I know now that I should scrutinize paragraphs that start with bold words extra, extra carefully.

Not that I don't proofread every page.

Jenny Greenleaf
Portland, OR