FM9, Mif2Go, and Cross-Refs

Martha Lee martha.lee at coventor.com
Wed May 26 10:45:38 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to FM9 (as part of Adobe Technical Communications Suite
2). I also upgraded my version of Mif2Go (package 33). I'm outputting
OmniHelp. I have a conversion template that I use when generating OmniHelp
that converts Tables and Figures from a format that contains the chapter
number and figure number to a format that just has a single number. For
example, Table 2-1 becomes Table 1, and Figure 3-5 becomes Figure 5. This
works as it did in my previous versions of FM and Mif2Go. But the cross
references to these tables and figures do not update correctly. Cross
references to figures keep the N-N format even though the figure no longer
has that format, and cross references to tables simply disappear. I do get a
warning during the OmniHelp generation that cross references are not
updating properly. I didn't have this problem with my previous versions of
FM and Mif2Go, and I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

And if it's relevant, I'm running Windows XP64.

Thanks.

Martha Lee
Documentation Department
Coventor, Inc.