S1000D in Framemaker unclassified

Mitchell, Richard (NNPPI) Richard.Mitchell at rolls-royce.com
Mon Nov 1 09:21:01 PDT 2010

You can quite easily use Framemaker but you will need package to provide
the DTDs and the front end matter you need for S1000D data modules.

An example of the product you will need is Mekon Eclipse S1000D which
acts as a plug in for Framemaker.

This also allows you to still produce stuff in unstructured as well as
structured, the PTC product (was called Arbortext) is a pure structured
authoring tool.

The free download I think you may be referring to is the DITA Tools
which although is used for producing structured data modules is not
S1000D compliant.

Regards

Richard Mitchell
Senior Tech Author

Does anyone have some experience with creation of S1000D manuals in
Framemaker, no matter the Framemaker version?
One of our customers and by consequence my project manager asked me to
find out if we can write them via PTC products but price seems the first
and main obstacle, besided the learning curve.
And as we do have a lot of experience with (unstructured) Frame, it
would be obvious to insist on writing them via our beloved tool.
The download of the package is for free, right?

Anyhow, I'm going to have a look at this webinar
https://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p31412590/ but any real-life experiences
you all like to share would be great!

thanks in advance,
Tom

The data contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information. If you have received it in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and contact +44 (0) 1332 242424 (the Rolls-Royce IT Security Director) if you need assistance. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

An e-mail response to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.

(c) 2010 Rolls-Royce plc

Registered office: 65 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AT Company number: 1003142. Registered in England.