out of memory error

Karen Mann kmann at i-t-tech.com
Mon Nov 8 08:50:41 PST 2010

Good morning everyone,
My issue:
I recently purchased 3 production machines. New 64 bit, quad core with 6 G memory.
We use FrameMaker almost exclusively. I was working in  FrameMaker 9 for about 3 hours. During that time the I had opened and closed Outlook 2010 so the only other software running was McAfee Managed Security.
I noticed that when I clicked on a tab in a panel it would not select, and the edits I was making were not holding. Then, I got an alert that I should close some windows because there was not enough memory (?). Which happens periodically.

We had been using single processors with 1.5 G of memory and of course we were having all kinds of issues. We upgraded so we would not be getting these errors.
Anyone else having an issue with memory...Is there a setting for FM 32 or 64 bit in FM9 in Win7?

Much appreciation, and thanks in advance for your help.

Karen Mann
kmann at i-t-tech.com<mailto:kmann at i-t-tech.com>