Annoying FM quirk

Baruch Brodersen baruch at technitext.com
Wed Nov 10 11:46:55 PST 2010

Try setting the font size 2 pt., retain the distinctive font colroing,
use autonumbering, and add 50 or so em-spaces in the the autonumber
text field. This will result in a greeked non-printing line a couple
inches long.
To add an em space, use \sm.

Baruch Brodersen

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Spectrum Writing
<info at spectrumwritingllc.com> wrote:
> All,
>

> I have a paragraph tag named PageBreak that is designed to do what the name
> implies - put in a PageBreak at specific location that I select. The tag has
> a 750.00 pt Below Pfg characteristic and I have also applied a bright
> Fuschia color so that I can differentiate the pilcrow for the tag from that
> of a simple Body tag. When I apply the tag, the pilcrow is displayed in the
> Fuschia color, but after that, boom, it's a crapshoot. Sometimes the pilcrow
> holds the color and other times, it doesn't and I have to go back manually
> reapply the tag. It's very annoying as when proof-reading/editing my
> documents, I need to confirm that the tag is indeed a PageBreak tag and not
> a Body tag. (If I were just printing the manuals, then it wouldn't be an
> issue, but I am single-sourcing these docs. and using ePublisher to produce
> online help, so the issue becomes critical for this.)
>

> Has anyone experienced this or something similar at all? Why on earth won't
> the pilcrow hold the color?
>

> FWIW, I am using FM9 (all patched and current) on a Win7 64-bit system.
>

> TIA,
>

> TVB
>

> Tammy Van Boening
>
> Owner/Principal
>
> Spectrum Writing, LLC
>
> www.spectrumwritingllc.com
>
> info at spectrumwritingllc.com

B a r u c h   B r o d e r s e n
T e c h n i t e x t   D o c u m e n t a t i o n
8 7 7  7 2 1  6 9 8 8
T w i t t e r :  @baruchbrodersen