Annoying FM quirk

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 12:02:53 PST 2010

I see the same, or very similar, behavior running 7.2.

Sometimes the pilcrow for a tag changes from 10pt to about 14pt Bold. Reapplying the tag fixes the problem. This doesn't appear to have any affect on generated PDFs. It seems to be a display issue within Frame. I am using Structured Frame, so a look at the Structure View displays that a NewPage element has been inserted.

It could be related to the age old display problem in Frame. There are times that entire paragraphs of test disappear behind an illustration. Pressing Ctrl+L (Refresh) puts everything back the way it is supposed to be. This has been a nuisance bug for years. Yours may be related. I believe Shlomo maintains a known buglist that should describe the problem better.

BTW, I have a similar tag, as your PageBreak, called NewPage. I can insert it anywhere to force an object (Figure, Table, step, whatever) to start on the next page, essentially inserting a page break. Nothing is displayed on the screen because the point size is set to a very small amount, 1 or 2pt.