Job Posting Question.

Harding, Dan dharding at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 15 05:15:16 PST 2010

"I think Alan's suggestion has merit.  A separate job posting/finding group would be a great asset."

I'll post a dissenting opinion, simply because by fragmenting this list into sublists you potentially wind up with a much smaller audience seeing the announcement, not to mention unawareness of the existence of the new list. This list has an established audience.

I think that with some common sense guidelines, job posting/wanted posts are on-target for the list (feel free to disagree with any or all of the following; I'm just throwing them out there):

1. The position should be specifically FrameMaker-related; no generics.

2. The subject line should have a title or prefix that clearly indicates it is an employment-related announcement ("EMPLOYMENT: " or something similar).

3. There should be a mandatory waiting period before reposting the same announcement (1x a month max? biweekly perhaps?)

It shouldn't be a problem as long as there are no abusers of the policy... naïve perhaps, but hey, I can wish! :)

-Dan