Problem formatting text with XHTML structured app

Ben Hardesty ben.hardesty at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 09:43:57 PST 2010

I'm running into an issue trying to apply paragraph formats to text using
the XHTML structured application.  I need to open an XHTML file in
FrameMaker 8.0 so that each HTML tag is mapped to a specific paragraph
format in my Frame template.

In the XHTML EDD file, I updated the TextFormatRules child element for the
p, h1, h2, h3, and h4 elements to use the appropriate paragraph formats
included in the template file (for example: TextFormatRules >
ElementPgfFormatTag > Heading1).

However, when I open the XHTML file, none of the paragraph formats are
applied to the elements; they all just appear as modified "body" text.

I've double (and triple) checked, and the template in the structured
application includes the correct paragraph formats, and they're spelled
correctly in the EDD.  Anyone have any clue why the paragraph formats aren't
being applied?

--
Ben