System variable content doesn't appear

Jon Harvey JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com
Tue Nov 23 14:46:30 PST 2010

Everyone,

FM 9.0 on WinXP Pro

I'm entering various Running Header/Footer variables in a footer on a
Master page and for some mysterious reason, their values aren't
appearing on the Body pages. For example The Running H/F 1 variable has
this value:

<$paratext[Title]>dummmy text

"Title" is the Paragraph tag I use on the cover page of my document.
"dummy text" is text I added to the variable definition just to see
whether any part of the variable was being recognized at all. I
discovered that "dummy text" is appearing on the body pages but no
content from $paratext[Title] is being displayed. I verified that there
is text on the cover page that is tagged Title, so it seems that it
should be showing up. It isn't. What gives?

Jon Harvey

Manager, Desktop & Enterprise Documentation

CambridgeSoft Corporation

100 CambridgePark Drive

Cambridge, MA 02140

(617) 588-9354