System variable content doesn't appear

Tue Nov 23 16:40:12 PST 2010

Writer wrote:

> > Is the Title pgf in the same flow? IIRC, it may need to be
> > in order to be picked up.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's correct; it has to be in the same file.

I didn't even think about that -- read too quickly, and assumed that Title was a chapter title. Yes, it must me in the same file.

Jon, if this is the book title, and it's in a different FM file, you can't use a Running H/F variable to pick it up. Create a variable for the book title, and then insert the variable both on the book's title page and in the chapter master pages.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom