Inheriting formats when pasting

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:40:40 PST 2010

Sorry Rick, but unless this has changed in FM9 (I'm still using FM8) this only affects content that is being pasted via the Windows clipboard--that is content from external applications. Cutting/copying and pasting within FrameMaker behaves as Andy has described regardless of the ClipboardFormatsPriorities setting.

But I would guess that a simple FrameScript script could execute a standard paste and then automatically apply the Default Para Font property to the pasted chunk. And maybe even do an update on any xref or user variable that was in the pasted chunk in case a character property is part of the reference's format.

-Fred Ridder