Inheriting formats when pasting

Andy Kass akass at jaspersoft.com
Fri Nov 26 11:09:59 PST 2010

I submitted the following enhancement request to the Adobe URL
that was once posted on this list:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

*******Enhancement / FMR*********
 Brief title for your desired feature:

Smart Paste

 How would you like the feature to work?

Have several modes for pasting (content copied within FM):

1. As exists now: pasted content retains original formatting.

2. Paste Special: as exists now with same options (text, rich text, etc.)

3. Smart paste: text appears in target paragraph formatting, as if
typed or inserted there. Essentially, apply "Default P Font" to pasted
content after pasting, and then update any cross-references in the
pasted content.

Allow user to choose default pasting behavior in maker.ini and provide
all three in menus/commands.

 Why is this feature important to you?

Something as simple as pasting should require only a single click or key
press. This would save lots of time, while still retaining the ability
to perform all modes of pasting, as required.

I know some engineers who like to sneek in late features (don't we all),
so here's hoping. Plus Christmas is coming and I've been a good writer
this year.

Thanks for all your replies,

  Andy