"Color Definition / Print Setting... is inconsistent" error

Richard Doll sgmlindy at tds.net
Sat Nov 27 08:59:46 PST 2010

All,

I see this "error" every-time when I try to "print"  multisection catalogs
as a "book".
So, I print the 12-to-15 sections seperately (with NO error messages).

The cause, in my projects, I have assumed to be quite obvious.
And, the below listed work flow explains my assunption.

1. All my projects begin as an SGML provided data stream.
2. Each section/chapter has a unique-colored full-length bleed-tab ID'd in
 >Color Definitions as "X".
3. Color "X" is used as 100% and other %ages for type and tinted-boxes
containing type.
4. This "setup" allows me to NOT NEED to have 15x15=225 color-related
elements/formats in addition to the other 90 or so that handle the "black"
text and tables just to compile a catalog.

When I print as a book . . . "X" being defined differently for each
section/chapter - - - waa-laa > error.

So, its one ata time . . . no big deal here.

best to all,

dick doll
sgmlindy at tds.net