Printing Issues With FrameMaker and PDF

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Tue Nov 30 23:28:42 PST 2010

Hi Dick,

You say that you get fatal errors while printing to PDF.
But you do not say what exactly happens.
Do you print directly to the PDF file?
Is Adobe PDF your default printer?
Is Generate Acrobat Data activated?
Does it make a difference when you print to a PostScript file first
and try to distill this? Is a PostScript file created at all?
Can you Save As PDF instead of printing?
Does FrameMaker crash with each book or file?
Does FrameMaker also crash when you just create a new file (File | New)
and try to print this?
Does FrameMaker crash when you start printing? Or after a number
of pages? Is there anything special on this page?
What happpens if you rename your graphics folder so that you print
without any graphics?

Best regards

Winfried