DZBatcher and Windows 7

Jonathan Konrath jkonrath at tibco.com
Fri Oct 1 10:42:34 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've been using DZBatcher for years for automating the build of PDFs and
HTML from our FM docs.  I've just moved to a new machine running 64-bit
Windows 7 pro, and the DZBatcher install refuses to work.

It looks like this installer is a 16-bit InstallShield installer, and a
bit of searching shows that this flat out won't work, even if you change
compatibility mode to XP or even Windows 95.

Has anyone else found a workaround for this?  I haven't seen any updates
from Miramo in ages.  Maybe it's possible to use an app repackager to
generate a new installer?  Or there's another tool I should be using
instead?

Thanks,

-Jon