Special characters conversion in MIF

Pat Christenson pxenson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:02:09 PDT 2010

Hi -

I have to save a number of FrameMaker 9 files into 7.2. I'm having a
problem with special characters such as en & em dashes and spaces.
They're converting into strange 3-character sequences. This happens
when I use MIF2Go, Toolbox's Document Transfer (FM<->MIF) and Frame"s
Save As MIF 9.0.

They convert cleaning if I use Frame's Save As MIF 7.0 but since I
have a large number of files, I'd prefer to use MIF2Go or Toolbox.

MIF2Go's documentation has information on mapping individual
characters but it seems silly to have to set up a map for every
special character. I can't find anything about using MIF2Go to save
as MIF 7.0.

Any help?

Thanks.

Pat Christenson