Fwd: Help Tools

Ben Allums allums at webworks.com
Wed Oct 13 12:44:07 PDT 2010

On 10/13/2010 2:23 PM, Christopher Ward wrote:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Pam Reichert wrote:
> I have been using WebWorks epublisher Pro version 9.2 to convert our
> FrameMaker documents into online help for our applications. Recently my
> laptop started having problems and they are moving me to a new laptop.
> The writer who installed epublisher on my laptop is no longer with the
> company and we can’t find the CD with a serial number. I noticed a
> version of WebWorks comes on the FrameMaker 7.2 CD but it is called
> WebWorks Standard. I thought maybe this is where the WebWorks came from.
> Is WebWorks Standard the same as ePublisher pro? Even if it is, no
> serial number I find on any of our CDs seems to work with it and Adobe
> can’t seem to help me. When I go to the WebWorks page I can’t get help
> there either because I don’t have a maintenance contract. I don’t think
> WebWorks actually *wants* customers. When I try to find out how much it
> costs to buy a new copy, no prices are listed unless you have a sales
> person call you. We don’t have phones in our office.

Pam,

I'm sorry you're having such trouble getting in touch with WebWorks.
You can reach Sales and Customer Service via email (either
<sales at webworks.com> or <customerservice at webworks.com>).

Regarding pricing, pricing starts at $795 for a one year subscription to
ePublisher.  Perpetual licenses are also available.  Sales can give you
all the details.

One thing I will point out is that though ePublisher 9.2 is EOLed, the
9.2 formats are still supported as part of ePublisher 2010.2.  What that
means is that you can continue using custom code without concern for
code conflicts.  This was made possible in our 2009.3 release, which
added legacy format compatibility options.  If you have no custom code
in your project, then you can easily switch to the latest, greatest
format versions that ship with 2010.2.

Ben Allums
allums at webworks.com