off topic: e-drawings, eps files, frame and pdf

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Mon Oct 18 10:19:04 PDT 2010

Jo:

According to my mechanical designer (Alex has been great - teaching me about what I can do via AI with his SolidWorks stuff) there is pretty much *zero* work involved for the engineers to Save As an AI file (or a DWG file if your SoildWorks is older than the 2009 version) when they Save As to an EASM file.

Is there a company protocol that forbids saving as an AI or DWG?

If not, I highly suggest you try to get the engineer to spend an extra few seconds getting you what the user/customer needs - maybe bribe him with some doughnuts or muffins ;-)).

In the past, I've had to use non-vector SolidWorks images and *no one* has been happy with the results.

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127