Adobe Acrobat PDF Tracker Question

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Sat Oct 23 18:34:46 PDT 2010

Hi Trish,

To get Pro to open the files, right-click on a PDF file and choose Open with
> Choose default program. In the resulting dialog box, you should be able to
select Acrobat Pro. Make sure you check the Always use the selected program
option. Click OK, and you should be all set. Note that these instructions
are from Windows 7, but there should be similar options in XP.

Another way to do it in XP: One a Windows Explorer window and select a PDF.
Choose Tools > Folder Options and click the File Types tab. Navigate to PDF
in the Registered file types list and select it. Click the Change button to
choose Acrobat Pro.

BTW, Adobe recommends against having two versions of Acrobat on the same
machine.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com

*** Frame Automation blog at http://frameautomation.com

Whenever I open a PDF from Adobe Tracker, it automatically opens in Reader
instead of Pro.  But Reader doesn't have the same options as Pro.

Anyone know how to reset this so that Pro opens as the default?  All my
windows file associations are set correctly and show that it should be
opening in Pro.  But when I click, it's Reader.  If I have Pro already open
when I click, it opens in Pro.  But if I don't, Reader opens.

Help?

Trish

PS.  I have Acrobat Pro 9.4, and Reader 9.4 on Windows XP.