Hyptertext Links Break in PDF

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Fri Oct 29 09:20:09 PDT 2010

Hi. I've looked up this issue online. A lot of the discussions I have found are about Frame 8 and later, but we are using FrameMaker 7.1b023 and Distiller 6.0.1 in Windows XP SP3. That's not going to change in time for this document.

Problem: My coworker and I have **identical Distiller settings**. When she generates a PDF from one of her Frame source files using her Distiller, all the PDF hyperlinks work correctly. These hyperlinks are cross-references, TOC, LOT, LOF, and Index links in the original Frame document.

When I send her one of my Frame documents, in which all the hyperlinks work correctly, and she generates a PDF from it, they are all broken in the PDF. I've checked the setup of the generated files in the TOC. All have "create hyperlinks" selected in the Setup box.  (When I generate a PDF using my copy of Distiller, the links are also broken. So are the fonts, which is why I originally asked her to generate the PDF for me. . . )

Also, if it matters, when I print to .ps and select "Generate Acrobat Data", the "Create Named Destinations for All Paragraphs" box is selected. The links are still broken in the resulting PDF>

All of this strongly suggests that the problem lies in my FrameMaker source files. What can it be?

Any suggestions gratefully received.