Disappearing conditions in x-refs

Danny Lombardi dannylombardi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:44:25 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

Parts of our x-refs lose their conditioning whenever we update the book.
Does this ring any bells for anyone?

e.g.
"Installing the Client" on page 82 -- is conditioned Print Only.
Update the book file and show Help Only. You may get 'on page 82' or the
entire x-ref now unconditional. The problem appears to be cumulative. The
more you update, the worse the problem gets.

We generate many single-source projects, but only one has ever exhibited
this problem. Same template. The x-ref definitions are the same across the
projects. Interestingly, it is our biggest document (of course!).

Some complexity was engineered into the the x-ref definition (by a wizard
long ago gone), so that Webworks could omit page references, but I thought
I'd put this out there to see if it's a known issue in Frame rather than a
result of some corruption in the file itself.

FrameMaker 7.0 on XP

Many thanks,
Danny Lombardi
Open Text