Updating individual TOC's

Wei Jiang (PT_CN) jiangw at polytrans.com.cn
Tue Sep 7 11:29:41 PDT 2010

Hello Fellow Framers,

I have a FrameMaker book which contains over 20 chapters. Each chapter appears as a standalone FM files in the book, and is accompanied with a TOC file which is generated separately and also appears in the book file.

I know how to update the generated TOC file for the whole book, but, is there any convenient way to update those TOC files in an automatic way, that is, instead of regenerate each of them manually? The reason why I want to update these is that I have translated all the chapters files into Chinese and I need to “convert” all the TOC’s into Chinese as well.

Thanks & regards,

Wei Jiang
Senior Chinese Translator,
Project Manager of Multilingual Localization Projects
Beijin, China