Text Inset anomalies

Vikrant Rai tnarkiv at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 21:02:53 PDT 2010

Somehow, my reply did not reach the list, so summarizing here.

1. You can use the "\r" special character to force line breaks in variables.
2. The FM help file says that the limit is 255 characters. <!- But I think that
it works for longer strings as well. Didn't really do boundary testing, but my
guess would be 1024 characters.-->

________________________________
From: D L Reynolds <reynolds at semicool.com>

Many thanks for the information. I didn't know how to force a line break, but
you're right -- that would be great for addresses. But isn't there a character
limit on variable length? I think I've encountered that when using variables for
boilerplate paragraphs.

Again, many thanks. Have a great day.

   -dr

On Sep 12, 2010, at 11:57 PM, Vikrant Rai wrote:

You can use the "\r" special character to create multi-line variables.
Especially useful for addresses and other boilerplate text.