Multiple Page Sizes in FM Files > PDF

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Thu Sep 23 11:06:07 PDT 2010

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: XP Pro with SP3
FM Experience: 15 months
Acrobat Pro 7.0 (Creative Suite 2)
Writing Team: 1 (me)

This may not be the right forum but I'll give it a try, with the caveat that I am *not* an Acrobat expert - I created my original JobOptions via MS Word and I create my PDF with "Save as PDF" (unlike others on this list, I've never had any issues with my output using "Save as PDF").

My Service Manuals are created on standard letter size paper in Portrait format. However, I have just added a series of one page files that are tabloid sized (11 X 17) in Landscape format.

Unfortunately, when I use "Save as PDF" to turn the Book into a PDF, *all* the pages are letter-sized. However, if I create a PDF from one of the single tabloid-sized file, the PDF is tabloid-sized.

I can't find anywhere under JobOption creation that will allow me to tell the PDF to create page sizes "as found", if you will. Nor can I find any options in the "Save as PDF" dialog box that allows me to do anything other than specify a single page size (I even tried leaving the page size blank but got the same results - all letter sized pages).

I know this has to be possible, but I don't know how to get there from here.

Any suggestions?

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation