To remove local formatting from a paragraph

Avraham Makeler amakeler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 04:16:24 PDT 2010

Hi Nadine, Thanks for your response.

>> If I understand you correctly, you want to remove formatting overrides to
text within a paragraph (ie, whatever makes it formatted differently from
the defined paragraph tag)

Almost. I want to remove all formatting overrides to all the paragraph's
'properties' (including its text). E.g., to remove also the spacing between
the paragraph and its neighboring paragraphs. So that which you suggest,
namely "Select the offending text, and in the Character catalog, choose
Default Para Font.", does only half the job.

Anyway, somebody answered offlist. The way to do this is to open the
Paragraphs catalog and locate the entry for the style of the offending
paragraph,
and then click it.

So this is a two stage job (just like in Word).

Note also, that there is a lack of symmetry in FM between the paragraph
styling and the character styling. The Paragraph catalog does not have a
'Default Paragraph' entry.

Thanks,

avraham

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Writer <generic668 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, you want to remove formatting overrides to
> text within a paragraph (ie, whatever makes it formatted differently from
> the defined paragraph tag). Select the offending text, and in the Character
> catalog, choose Default Para Font.
>
> That should remove any formatting overrides. Sometimes I found I have to
> select the text, apply the para tag, and then choose Default Para Font to
> get it to work.
>
> Nadine

Regards,

avraham
~~~~~~~~~
054-3084886

"Mercy on all, coz everyone's fighting some sort of battle"