Pgf numbering strangeness

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Sep 30 06:51:02 PDT 2010

Hi Jim,

I found the problem quickly with a FrameScript script that I wrote. Since
these autonumber problems come up from time-to-time, I posted a description
of the problem and solution on my blog.

http://frameautomation.com/2010/09/30/autonumber-problems/

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very
much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com

*** Frame Automation blog at http://frameautomation.com

Finding rogue paragraph numbering can be a little less tedious if you
save as MIF, open the MIF in a text editor, and search for <PgfAutoNum

Fred Ridder wrote:
> . . .
> What Cynthia needs to look for is rogue paragraphs that increment the
first counter in the "S:" numbering series, possibly without actually
displaying any numbering in the text of the document. Unfortunately, that
process can be extremely tedious, particularly if there are a lot of
paragraph styles in the catalog or if there are a lot of paragraphs that
have overrides since the numbering properties of each of these has to be
examined individually. . .