Table formats - not setting properly

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Fri Apr 1 06:28:45 PDT 2011

Hi Theresa

If you are trying to create a table *format* that has those ruling properties, you need to do it in the Table Designer. On the Ruling tab of the designer there are settings for the column rulings. Then click Commands, New Format, and save the table format. (I'm using v9, but I expect v8 has the same options.)

If you are trying to do it in a single table, use the Custom Ruling and Shading menu option (on the Table menu). Select the cells and apply the ruling style. Or do it in the Table Designer as above; just click Apply instead of Commands, and don't save the table format.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation