way OT - used copy of Arbor Text

Paul Nagai naglists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:53:35 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Studio Smalbro <studio at smalbro.dk> wrote:

>  I'm looking for a used copy of Arbor Text - but being such a niche product
> it is hard to find. Would anybody know where to look for such a "creature" ?

Chances are pretty good that only very old versions of Arbortext Epic (it is
currently called Arbortext Editor) are out there somewhere on CD. Quite some
time ago, Arbortext (now owned by PTC.com) stopped shipping media relying
solely on downloads. (A media option exists for customers for whom
downloading is problematic, but I would guess the EULA does not support
resale or any other sort of transfer ... that said, I don't read EULAs ;)

Anyhow, as for those very old CDs, I would bet that nearly all of those
copies are owned not by individuals but by companies with little (and, in
fact, more likely a dis-) incentive to sell, give, or loan old CDs.

All that said ... maybe this page will help you find a likely place look.
http://www.squidoo.com/arbortext

If you are interested in demo'ing a current version, I can put you in touch
with someone who will be able to direct you to the right place to make that
request.

Good luck!

--
Paul Nagai