Frame 10 and Acrobat 8 Pro

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:49:06 PDT 2011

Gillian,

At the lowest level, Acrobat is seen as a printer by your computer. So
yes, you should be able to print to it and make PDFs. Frame largely
doesn't know or care what it prints to.

At a higher level, Frame interacts with the Acrobat program at a
number of levels. So I'd be surprised if SaveAs PDF worked, or if the
automatic setup to initiate reviews or to read comments back in from
PDFs would work without the newer versions of Acrobat being on the
system because those features were written into FM 10 assuming no
backwards compatibility with old versions of Acrobat, AFAIK. So if you
can get any of the advanced features that depend on inter-operability
between the programs to work, be surprised and happy, but don't depend
on it.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com