files in book which end up with 2 pages

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Fri Apr 15 10:43:54 PDT 2011

xp
Frame 8
Book has 10+ different master pages, but they are mostly simple changes:
1 column page, 2 column page, different footers left & right, sometimes
a running header, sometimes not.

In Book, Pagination is not available.
 From the Book file, for the first file in the book, pagination is set
to Double-sided, 1st Page Right, Delete empty pages before saving &
printing, Every other file is set to: Double-sided, 1st Page side: read
from file, delete empty pages.

For each file, separately from book, Format/Page Layout/Pagination is
set to Double-sided, 1st page Right (no option to follow from prior file)

I have two problems:
1. The second file in the book has one page. I have manually set that
page to Doublesided, 1st Page right, Delete Empty pages BUT every time I
generate the book, it ends up with 2 pages.

2. The second is that I have different L and R master page formats and
whether the first page is L or R depends upon what page # it is. I
thought I was setting these inputs correctly, but maybe not.

Any help?

Thanks,
Theresa