Linking Problem

Eduardo F. Cidade Sr. ecidade at zoominternet.net
Tue Aug 2 12:41:49 PDT 2011

Good afternoon

I’ve been experiencing a tonload of trouble linking to documents in a server where the
address contains backslashes “\” and NOT forward slashes “/”

Problem:  whenever I write the syntax to go to the hypertext link?...FrameMaker does funny
things to the link itself….

Example:

message URL \\jetblue.com\Docs\Manuals\jbdocs\Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM).pdf
becomes the following when I click “Edit Hypertext Marker”…..
message URL \\jetblue.com‡ocs\smanuals\jbdocsƒlight Operations Training Manual (FOTM).pdf

I think the use of the backslash is causing this….or……is it a bug???

So I’m trying to use any tool native to FrameMaker to keep the link intact.

This has been bothering me for a long time and it’s one of the laundry list items I’ve been
trying to cure.

Any assistance would be most appreciated….

Eduardo F. Cidade, Sr.
Manager Fleet Publications
JetBlue Airways
118-29 Queens Boulevard
5th Floor
Forest Hills, NY  11375
Phone:  718-709-2884 (Office)
            347-684-2782 (Work Cell)
Fax:     718-709-2280

To fly:  Call 1-800-JETBLUE or log on to jetblue.com