Immovable objects

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Tue Aug 2 05:34:08 PDT 2011

Hello All

FrameMaker 9.0 p255 on Windows Vista.

Has anyone else had problems with pods or other objects that just won't move? I was working yesterday in an unstructured document, with the Paragraph Designer and the Paragraph Catalog open. Neither of these was docked - that is, they were overlying the document, and I believe my document was maximized. Neither of the dialogs would move. Dragging the top bar had no effect. Frustrating.

Is this a FM9 bug, or a "feature"? Is there perhaps some secret combination of things that causes this (or more to the point, stops it)?

Regards,
Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation