Acrobat fails to highlight found search terms

Andy Kass akass at jaspersoft.com
Thu Aug 11 10:37:13 PDT 2011

I have the free Acrobat Reader 9.4.5 on Windows Vista Pro, and I have noticed this problem too.

Actually, I didn't even know about the Search feature, never needed it. The search window makes the search term bold in each occurrence, but when clicking on it to see it on the page, it has the same problem for me.

In both cases (Find and Search), whenever Acrobat switches pages, the next term is not highlighted (it does have the cursor after the word). So when using find, it'll be the first occurrence on the page (or last if going backward). When using search, clicking on an occurrance that changes the page doesn't highlight it, but it will be if on the same page. Clicking twice on an occurrance highlights it, even if on a new page.

Thanks,

  Andy