Acrobat fails to highlight found search terms

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:47:01 PDT 2011

I took a few minutes yesterday to report this to Adobe as a bug, and actually received a same-day reply from someone named Ed Hutton. What he said was this:

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of this unexpected behavior after updating to Acrobat 9.4.5. This has been identified as a bug by our Engineering team.  They are hard at work creating a fix to be included in the next update.  There is no time frame for this patch to be released.
A workaround has been reported by some users.  Here are the steps:
1)      Do a CRTL + F to bring up the Find window.
2)      Click on the dropdown and choose Open Full Acrobat Search.
3)      Click on the Search button in the Search panel on the left.
4)      For the first search result on each page, you will have to click the search result twice to see the highlighted word. You can then click each additional search result once to see the following highlighted word on the same page.  The same procedure applies in reverse as you work up (instead of down) the list of search results.
5)      It will bring up a list of all the instances of the word on that page.

Other users have installed Reader and used the search capability of the Reader X (10) which seems to be unhindered.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved in the future.

It's basically the same workaround many of us had already figured out, but at least they have somebody reading and responding to problem reports.

-Fred Ridder