Fm bug: "Compare Documents" feature does not compare text in text frames

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:16:22 PDT 2011

Hi group

Apparently, the "Compare Documents" feature does not compare text in
(disconnected) text frames. I have 2 documents (covers), which have no text
in the regular body page text frame. The text is in (disconnected) text
frames, placed manually on the page. The text in the one document is about
"product A", and in the other one about "product B" (no variables or text
insets used). When I compare these documents, Fm tells me that "both
documents are the same", but clearly, they aren't.

Is this a known bug, Adobe? And if it is, when is it going to be fixed?

I've tested this in Fm 7.2, 8 and 10 (Windows XP, SP3).

Thanks

--
Yves Barbion
www.scripto.nu