Can parts of a pdf be merged into an existing frame file using automation?

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 19:10:07 PDT 2011

Julie,
You can by using text insets.

You would need to create individual pieces of text, whether Frame or PDF.
The first time around you would have to manually insert each into the respective position in the host Frame file using File > Import > File with Import by Reference.

I would recommend creating a separate folder to contain the text insets.

If you make a change to a text inset, when you open the host file the content will update automatically, as long as the path to the inset hasn't changed.

If your insets are PDF, you would want to keep them to a page or less.