script or software for batch updating of files to version 10

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Fri Dec 2 00:41:56 PST 2011

There was an »ExtendScript of the Week« that might be a good starting point:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/10/extendscript-of-the-week-create-a-upgraded-copy-of-book.html

- Michael

> Bjørn Smalbro wrote:
>> I have a client who wishes to update some thousand framemaker files and framemaker book files from version 7 to 10. Would anybody know a method for batch conversion? I suppose it can be done using Extend Script, but is one also able to handle the error messages which are bound to come, like missing fonts or pictures? I am not too keen on Framescript even though I am certain it works allright.
>>
>> regards
>> Bjørn

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentation Technology
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Consulting and Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog [de]: http://cap-studio.de/