re-using paragraphs in Unstructured FrameMaker

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Fri Dec 2 12:13:23 PST 2011

Hello Ray

Text insets are your only option.

But since you ask about storing all the reusable pieces in one document, you can do that. Add each reusable piece to a separate flow in the one document (using a meaningful name for each flow). Then when you insert the text inset into your container doc, specify which flow you want to insert. Remember that you have to insert the whole flow, so you must store each piece in its own flow. I believe you can have up to about 255 flows in a single doc.

Hope this helps.
Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation