Frame 10 XML/translation question

Scott Turner quills at airmail.net
Sun Dec 4 07:37:39 PST 2011

Nadine is correct I saying that the transition to XML would be massive, in that you would need to learn XML, create or standardize/accommodate your document styles to a DTD like DocBook. And then create a transformation template to convert your current documents to XML.

It's not impossible, I've done it in two companies.

You do not have to use DITA

In all it's a big job and the setup and education would take a significant amount of time and effort.

It's not something to do without time to do it.