SGML, MIL-STD-38784

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Dec 13 12:24:17 PST 2011

Guy Ball is in the STC's SIG for lone writers (as am I), and has posted
a question to the SIG's list:

"I have a DOD proposal my company is bidding on and one of the tech
manual requirements is to "develop TO files (tagged instances) using
SGML according to the DTDs (Document Type Definitions) referenced in the
appendix to MIL-STD-38784... Does anyone know what sorts of animal I'm
supposed to be delivering and what program I'll use to make that happen?"

I'm pretty sure I've seen people on this FM list discussing MIL-STD
matters, so after I offered to post here, he replied:

"I'm not on the FM users group and would appreciate your posting a
message for me.  I've seen various references to Arbortext vs FM and I'd
love to hear from someone who uses FM for mil-std SGML type
documentation."

If anyone can help Guy, please get in touch with him:

Guy Ball
Senior Technical Writer, Engineering Department
EADS North America Test and Services
4 Goodyear
Irvine, California 92618 USA
1 949 460-2491