Frame 9 - setting specific graphic sizes in dita xml jobs

Pattie Alsop PAlsop at tweddle.com
Wed Dec 14 10:52:28 PST 2011

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to Frame 9.  I have worked in previous versions but that was quite a few years ago.

My problem is this:
DITA XML Job.

EDD has entries for Figure and Image tags.
Ex: Image ...
in all contexts
insert imported graphic file

My page layout is landscape, 3 columns, so when this file opens in Frame, the graphic  is cut off because it should display across the page, and not just in one column.

I need to be able to control the object properties(?) based on the image width attribute.
I have 3 different possible width values, 1 column, 2 column, and 3 columns wide.

How do I achieve that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Pattie