OT: Windows 7 Open With

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Thu Dec 22 12:25:49 PST 2011

I am sorry for the off-topic post, but Framers tend to be smart in a broad
range of disciplines. So here goes:

I have 4 versions of FrameMaker installed on my computer. If I right-click
on a .fm file in Windows Explorer (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit), and choose
the Open With submenu, I see 4 FrameMaker listings as I would expect.
However, they all say "Adobe FrameMaker 10", even though each icon is
correct for its version of FrameMaker. I can pick the correct version based
on the icon, but I would like to be able to correct the list so that they
don't all say "Adobe FrameMaker 10". I assume that this is a registry issue,
but I don't know where to look. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267