Shortcut for "Repeat last"?

Helen Borrie helebor at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 2 11:04:14 PST 2011

At 01:25 AM 3/02/2011, Jerilynne \"MamaRed\" Knight wrote:

>Boy, that is one Word command I would love to have too...I'm not using 8, so I don't know if there is one.

I tried esc j j amd esc c c as suggested by Stuart and it does exactly the job I want.

>However, one possibility of speeding up the process: are there any unique things identifying what equals a H1, H2, etc? Number of spaces, specific characters, italic, bold?
>
>If so, what I do in those cases is a search and replace function. If you're a super fancy person, you could write a script. If not, it is a serialized function.

Thanks for the thoughts on that, although in this instance, it's not what I want to do.  I actually *want* the source documents to come into the template without structure as they are from multiple sources with multiple ad hoc structures.  The template they are coming into is "structured unstructured" if you get my drift.  Although the content is for a monolithic book, I have designed the template to be able to convert the content to unstructured and round-trip it in future.

This project started as a structured DITA project and has wriggled its way back to unstructured once I lost the fight to find a way to do it structured and get the right output. With hindsight, I lost a lot (too much!) time by trying to make this book my first major DITA project.  Doesn't mean I have abandoned DITA/structured FM, by any means, just that it really does not work for this monolithic book!  I'm more than a year past deadline now. :-(

So much for "I say".  I hope you won't mind if I post back your further comments to the list, as I think they are worth sharing....

Jerilynne \"MamaRed\" Knight wrote:

>The other thing I did for a 6500 + page conversion from WordPerfect to Frame is, oddly enough, run it through Word first. At the time, Word had a native macro function and Frame didn't (I don't know if that has changed). So I created a Word template with styles that matched those in Frame and wrote a series of macros that applied tags, inserted codes for variables, etc.
>
>Once it was written, it was very fast to bring in the file, click the macro shortcut and poof, into Frame!
>
>I don't know how much converting you're doing or how frequently, so I wanted to share those approaches in case they might give you some ideas!
>
>Many blessings
>Jerilynne

Thanks again to Jerilynne and others for the tips.
Cheers,
Helen