framers Digest, Vol 64, Issue 21

Thornton, Daniel Daniel.Thornton at compuware.com
Wed Feb 23 12:02:37 PST 2011

We used to use a character tag for change bars, but found that method
made it impossible to use FrameMaker's convenient change bar clearing
feature when we migrated to the next product release
(Format>Document>Change Bars... select "Clear All Change Bars (No
Undo)"). That FM feature saves you from having to search for and remove
your ChangeBar character format from numerous phrases, many of which may
have other character formats, such as Emphasis, also applied.

Instead use the FrameMaker Style called Change Bar. Select the revised
text and use the shortcut Alt, o, y, c. (Format>Style>Change Bar). When
you're ready to start working on your next version, the "Clear All
Change Bars" checkbox will permanently erase all your old change bars so
you're ready to start marking your new edits.

	- Dan

Message: 23