Frame Light, what's the potential market?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 01:29:35 PST 2011

I think I see where Adobe are coming from here...

InCopy <-> InDesign

Contribute <-> Dreamweaver

FrameMaker Lite <-> FrameMaker

...maybe.

As a sole worker using FrameMaker mostly for textbook production, I'd have no use for a Lite version, but it's encouraging to hear that Adobe are thinking about the application. A new Mac version would make me a very happy bunny indeed, but I have no realistic hopes of that, just as I cannot see an e-mail future beyond Eudora. Looks like I'm committed to maintaining the computer museum for a few more years ;-)

--
Steve