[TCS Users] OT:Tool and Company Recommendations for Documentation Project

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:32:34 PST 2011

My first take on this, based on the bare bones details you provided:

1. Questionnaire. I would try to do this online using a tool to which
a user can store their responses and go  back and alter them, as well
as attach supporting documents. I'm using MachForm on my web sites and
love it... but I've never tried to do more than a 8-10 pages. You can
specify any of a number of output formats, so you can suck the info
into a database, word or frame doc, a pdf, emails, etc. in addition to
having the source online.

You may also be able to do this with Acrobat, particularly the X
version which has (reportedly) greatly enhanced forms capability, but
I haven't played with that yet.

2.  I'd probably go with Frame and Acrobat with commenting enabled and
some kind of version control mechanism so that once a document is
saved, it's preserved as a snapshot. And the documents integrated in
such a way that you can pull the comments back into the master Frame
document periodically.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell