Font Fiasco with FM 9 Book and Distiller

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Mon Jan 10 14:51:04 PST 2011

Hi, all,

I'm trying to get a book out on deadline, hitting a wall tonight, will
have to revisit first thing in a.m.

Set-up:
FM 9.0 p255
Win XP Pro Ver 2002 SP3
Core 2 Duo E6750, 2.66 GH, 3.25 GB of RAM (according to System
Properties)
Default font:Arial

Here's the sequence of trouble:

*	Went to print book; Distiller stopped on pg. 10-11, in the Front
Matter; said it couldn't find Helvetica; font could not be embedded, and
flushed out.
*	Washed all Files via MIF. Using Toolbox, I stripped out all
unused formats (we get a lot of Helvetica in some of our source docs
from Germany); tried again with same result.
*	Tried global update "All Paragraph and Catalog Entries" to
convert any stray instances of Helvetical to Arial; same result. Also
searched and replaced any stray Helvetica in callouts still in Frame
(usually keep callouts with the graphic in Illy).
*	Exported all files via MIF. Using ReplaceText, changed every
instance of Helvetica in the MIF to Arial. Distiller coughed again; said
this time it couldn't find Arial.

I know I have Arial, and I'm pretty sure I have Helvetica. I've been
using FM 9 for about a month with no prior offenses.
What to do?

TIA for any ideas. I'm appending the Distiller log below:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[Page: 1]%%
%%[Page: 2]%%
%%[Page: 3]%%
%%[Page: 4]%%
%%[Page: 5]%%
%%[Page: 6]%%
%%[Page: 7]%%
%%[Page: 8]%%
%%[Page: 9]%%
%%[Page: 10]%%
%%[ Error: Arial not found. Font cannot be embedded. ]%%
%%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: findfont ]%%

Stack:
/Font
/Arial
/_Arial
[39 /quotesingle 96 /grave 128 /Adieresis /Aring /Ccedilla /Eacute
/Ntilde /Odieresis /Udieresis /aacute /agrave /acircumflex /adieresis
/atilde /aring /ccedilla /eacute /egrave /ecircumflex /edieresis
/iacute /igrave /icircumflex /idieresis /ntilde /oacute /ograve
/ocircumflex /odieresis /otilde /uacute /ugrave /ucircumflex
/udieresis /dagger /degree /cent /sterling /section /bullet /paragraph
/germandbls /registered /copyright /trademark /acute /dieresis
/.notdef /AE /Oslash /.notdef /plusminus /.notdef /.notdef /yen /mu
/.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /ordfeminine
/ordmasculine /.notdef /ae /oslash /questiondown /exclamdown
/logicalnot /.notdef /florin /.notdef /.notdef /guillemotleft
/guillemotright /ellipsis /.notdef /Agrave /Atilde /Otilde /OE /oe
/endash /emdash /quotedblleft /quotedblright /quoteleft /quoteright
/divide /.notdef /ydieresis /Ydieresis /fraction /currency
/guilsinglleft /guilsinglright /fi /fl /daggerdbl /periodcentered
/quotesinglbase /quotedblbase /perthousand /Acircumflex /Ecircumflex
/Aacute /Edieresis /Egrave /Iacute /Icircumflex /Idieresis /Igrave
/Oacute /Ocircumflex /.notdef /Ograve /Uacute /Ucircumflex /Ugrave
/dotlessi /circumflex /tilde /macron /breve /dotaccent /ring /cedilla
/hungarumlaut /ogonek /caron]

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%