Multiple Master Fonts stop working in recent Windows XP update

Brad Anderson brad at frameusers.com
Mon Jan 10 06:53:06 PST 2011

I don't have a workaround (other than do not install the updaters in Windows) and sandbox the VM FrameMaker is running in.   This is a real pain.   Moving to an OpenType font looks to be the only solution at this point, but that would require 100's of hours of micropositioning work for a 450 page textbook to be redone.   Let me know if you have any suggestions or happen to find a solution.   If I find one, I'll let you know and post to the list as well.

Thanks,

Brad