Flare vs Frame

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:26:25 PST 2011

> No, you can't.  You could use Mif2Go (our product,
> for $295), or ePublisher (for way more), directly with
> the Frame files.  Other apps, like Flare and Robo,
> import the Frame files instead, which means lots
> more work for every revision.  Robo claims to "link",
> but see what its users have to say about that on:
>  http://groups.google.com/group/TCS-Users
> and decide for yourself.

FWIW, I've used linking between RH & FM with little issue. The only
issue I found was with regard to conditional text, which I documented
on my blog.
http://techcommdood.com/2010/06/03/using-conditional-text-in-adobe-technical-communication-suite-2/

That said, I still feel that Mif2Go and ePublisher outshine other
offerings with regard to single-sourcing from FrameMaker. Though,
it'll be interesting to see what's truly under the hood of TCS3.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com